Insurance Plans Acceptance

Update by user Sep 07, 2016

Gave them my insurance card asked if they accepted it they said yes told me I would have to pay for eye exam $45. would be credited back for my frames and glasses.

Pay them $45 cash. Got a receipt when to pick out frames and glasses. And they told me that they do not accept my insurance ask for my $45 back they refused they apologize for the mistake. I walked out of the store in disbelief.

They sent me a questionnaire I filled it out I got a phone call the next day. The general manager of the store called me left a message apologizing for the mistake they made.

telling me that I could get two pair of glasses for $99 I told her I wanted my $45 back my insurance pays for my exam I had called my insurance company. She refused to give me my $45 back this is nothing but a scam they tell you they take your insurance you pay for your eye exam and then they tell you that they don't take your insurance

Original review posted by user Sep 06, 2016

Went to Stanton Optical for an eye exam and for glasses. Gave them my insurance card verify that my insurance was accepted here they told me yes.

They asked me to make an appointment went back in approximately 3 hours got eye exam paid $45 they told me but the $45 would be credited back towards frames and lenses. When I want to pick up my frames and lenses they told me we don't accept Davis Vision. I said you told me you took my insurance and my insurance card Davis Vision. He said he made a mistake we don't take that insurance.

He told me he would give me the first pair of glasses for free and the second pair would cost around $375 I said I'll just take the first pair for free he told me he cannot do that refused to give me my $45 back for my eye exam I left the store. Got an email from Stanton Optical asking me how my experience was I told them. Got a phone call back from the GM at Jupiter Stanton Optical apologizing for their mistake asking me to come in they would give me two pair of glasses for $99. Plus anything extra that I wanted I would have to pay for.

I called them today to talk to the GM . told her I wanted my $45 back because my insurance covers my eye exam she said I can't do that. I hung up the phone told her I would handle it and call the corporate office. Stanton Optical is nothing but a scam.

to tell you that you take insurance you give them your insurance card and then when you go to purchase your frames and glasses after you've paid for your eye exam they tell you we don't take your insurance. This is a s***** way of doing business.

PS not able to read terms of service. Will not come up

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Stanton Optical. The most disappointing about stanton optical eye exam from Stanton Optical was i did not like them lying to me Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Stanton Optical.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Medical Supplies and Equipment category for more informed decision or compare Stanton Optical to other companies on our site.

Comments